What Kind of Resources can be Placed on My Reading List?
- Online resources such as eBooks, articles, streaming videos and more.
- Digitization of print matierals can done under specific statutory provisions and in accordance with the University of Windsor copyright guidelines. Please provide us with the details of your request by email or through a library note in your Course Resource list.
- Fair Dealing: The library will digitize materials such as book chapters or journal articles within the bounds of fair dealing (up to 10% or 1 chapter).
- Copyright Clearance: If a digitization request exceeds the fair dealing guidelines we will seek copyright clearance for additional content. Please note that this can often take a week or more so please communicate your request well in advance of the start of your course.
- Request purchase of an electronic copy of high demand items. Please keep in mind that many textbook publishers do not sell digital copies to libraries.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for digitization of personal copies of print matierals.
New Resource Requests
If there is an eBook or Video that you'd like to use in your course that the library does not currently own please let us know. In some cases we may be able to obtain a copy add what you've requested. To request new materials you can:
Please keep in mind that we may not be able to fulfill all item requests. Many textbook publishers do not make eBooks available to purchase by libraries. In some cases the cost of online a single eBook can be cost prohibitive.