- Purchase and Download EndNote
Clarivate provides a variety of video tutorials and reference guides on using EndNote on their website.
- Find Full-Text Capability
EndNote has a very useful feature that automatically locates and downloads full-text files from references in the citation manager. EndNote searches both the Library's electronic resource holdings and open access copies of articles that are freely available online.
To enable this feature you must configure EndNote as follows:
- Go to Edit
- Select Preferences
- Go to Find Full Text
- Enter the following information in these fields:
- OpenURL Path: https://ca01.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/01UTON_UW/01UTON_UW:UWINDSOR?
- Authentication URL: https://ledproxy2.uwindsor.ca/login
- Apply the changes
Once the settings have been configured, you are ready to use the Find Full Text feature. To do so:
- Select the references you'd like to find full text articles for
- Right click and hover over Find Full Text
- If this is the first time using the feature in the session, select Authenticate. Log-in with your UWin Account.
- After authenticated, select Find Full Text
EndNote will then try to find full-text articles from Open Access sources, and when articles are behind a paywall, will look at the Leddy Library's collections and try to retrieve a full-text article from our subscriptions. EndNote is unable to retrieve full-text articles from the following sources: EBSCO, JSTOR, Wiley, and ScienceDirect (Elsevier). Where it fails to find the full-text, it may find a direct URL to the article and attach this URL to the reference record.
For more information, please consult the EndNote documentation on the Find Full Text feature.
- Help and Support
Extensive help and support for EndNote are not available from Leddy Library. Please consult Clarivate's training resources and contact their support for assistance.