Computer Help Desk staff are available to help you with your in-library computer problems whenever the library is open. Find them with blue vests on the first floor of the main building.
On this page
Computer workstations are located throughout both library buildings. All workstations have the same standard hardware and software, with some offering special capabilities or software.
- Computer naming convention
Library computers have stickers bearing a workstation name, such as "LM100". The letters indicate an acronym for the computer's location, while the numbers indicate the computer number. If you can't find a particular computer, please ask one of our Computer Help Desk staff.
- LM: Leddy Main
- LMB: Leddy Main Basement
HardwareThis hardware can be found at the following computers:
- Apple Workstations: LM1009 & LM128
- DVD/CD Burners: All computers in the library
- Flatbed Scanners: LM119, M1002 thru M1009, M1011 thru M1030, (First Floor - Main Building)
- Floppy Disk Drive: USB External Floppy drive available at the Reserve Desk
- Microfilm Scanners: LMB04, LMB05, MB043 (Main Building Basement)
- Media Readers: Many computers have built in Media readers if not USB Media readers are available at the Reserve desk
The Library currently offers two accessible workstations in the public area.
- LM110 located north of the Information Desk in the Main building, has JAWS screen reader software and the Zoomtext magnification utility along with a 23" monitor and a large print keyboard. Priority use of this workstation will be given to persons with visual disabilities. This workstation is open access and does not require a sign-in.
- M1010 located located north of the printer/photocopy area at the end of the second row of computers, has JAWS screen reader software and the Zoomtext magnification utility along with a 22" monitor and a large print keyboard. This station requires a signon and may be booked ahead of time.
There is also one accessible workstation in classroom G101A in the basement of the main library building.
- MB001 is located in Classroom G101A in the basement of the main building. This PC has Zoomtext software along with a large print keyboard.
Software at all workstations
- Ease of Access
- On-Screen Keyboard
- Speech Recognition
- Command Prompt
- Connect to a Network
- Connect to a Projector
- Getting Started
- Math Input Panel
- Remote Desktop Connection
- Snipping Tool
- Sound Recorder
- Sticky Notes
- Sync Center
- Windows Explorer
- Windows Mobility Center
- CD or DVD Burner
- Photo Gallery
- Internet Tools
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- VMware Horizon Client
- Windows Live Messenger
- WS_FTP95 LE
- Library Resources
- Computer Problems
- Leddy Library
- Printing Help
- Software Descriptions
- Math & Statistics
- IBM SPSS
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Access
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office Publisher
- Microsoft Office Word
- MultiMedia Applications
- Google Earth
- Movie Maker
- Quicktime Player
- VLC media player
- Windows DVD Maker
- Windows Media Player
- 7-Zip File Manager
- Acrobat Reader DC
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Notepad ++
- PDF Tools
Software at select workstations
- Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium
Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium:
- Adobe Acrobat X Professional
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Flash Professional
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
IBM SPSS Amos, a powerful structural equation modeling software, helps to support your research and theories.
Location: M1031, ADC02
- Antidote (French grammar)
Antidote (French grammar)
The most complete writing assistance software suite available for English and French.
M1034 - M1037
AutoCAD is a commercial computer-aided design and drafting software application. Developed and marketed by Autodesk, AutoCAD was first released in December 1982 as a desktop app running on microcomputers with internal graphics controllers.
Location: West Building 1st Floor WB001 - WB014
- ArcView GIS
- ArcView is the entry level licensing level of ArcGIS Desktop, a geographic information system software product produced by Esri. It is intended by Esri to be the logical migration path from ArcView 3.x. ArcView is now referred to as ArcGIS for Desktop Basic.
Location: M1049 - M1054
- Beyond 20/20 Browser
Beyond 20/20 Professional Browser is an intuitive desktop application that enables users to view, chart, map, analyze, export, print, and save data easily.
Analyze multi-dimensional data and micro-data files using the Professional Browser, then disseminate the data in your choice of many standard formats.
Location: M1027 - M1030
CATIA is a multi-platform software suite for computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, computer-aided engineering, PLM and 3D, developed by the French company Dassault Systèmes.
Location: M1031 - M1033, WB001 - WB009 (West Building 1st Floor)
- JAWS Screen Reader
JAWS is a computer screen reader program for Microsoft Windows that allows blind and visually impaired users to read the screen either with a text-to-speech output or by a refreshable Braille display. JAWS is produced by the Blind and Low Vision Group of Freedom Scientific
Location: LM110 & M1010
- Journal Citation Reports
- MATLAB with Econometrics Toolbox
Econometrics Toolbox™ provides functions for modeling and analyzing time series data. It offers a wide range of diagnostic tests for model selection, including tests for impulse analysis, unit roots and stationarity, cointegration, and structural change.
Location: WB001 - WB014 (West Building 1st Floor) & ADC workstations
- New Yorker Magazine
Discs at Reserve - Software on LM105
NVivo is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) computer software package produced by QSR International. NVivo helps qualitative researchers to organize, analyze and find insights in unstructured or qualitative data like interviews, open-ended survey responses, journal articles, social media and web content, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data are required.
Location: M1040 - M1042
NX 10 introduces a new 2D layout environment, extensions to freeform design tools and synchronous modeling, improvements in drafting and documentation, new industry-specific design capabilities, and touch-enabled user interaction that makes the power of NX available anywhere.
Location: West Building 1st Floor WB001 - WB014
- Rosetta stone
Rosetta Stone Inc. is an American education technology software company that develops language, literacy and brain-fitness software.
Location: French - M1046
Stata is a general-purpose statistical software package developed by StataCorp for data manipulation, visualization, statistics, and automated reporting. It is used by researchers in many fields, including economics, sociology, political science, biomedicine, and epidemiology.
Location: M1038, M1039
- Thesaurus Linguae Latineae
The Thesaurus Linguae Latinae is a monumental dictionary of Latin founded on historical principles. It encompasses the Latin language from the time of its origin to the time of Isidore of Seville.
- Visio 2016
Microsoft Visio is software for drawing a variety of diagrams. These include flowcharts, org charts, building plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, swimlane diagrams, 3D maps, and many more.
Location: M1061 - M1066
- Xcode for Mac
Xcode is Apple's integrated development environment (IDE) for macOS, used to develop software for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
ZoomText is a screen magnifier for Microsoft Windows, developed by Ai Squared which was acquired by Freedom Scientific in 2016.
Location: LM110, M1010