This page will provide important updates related to copyright in higher education.
- March 2023: The Fair Dealing Works campaign brings post-secondary and copyright experts to stand up for educational fair dealing rights.
- November 2022: General Term of Copyright after the life extended from 50 years to 70 years
- July 2021: Supreme Court judgement in York University v. Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency (Access Copyright).
- October 2020: Supreme Court of Canada to hear appeals in York University, et al. v. Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency ("Access Copyright")
- April 2020: Federal Court of Appeal Decision in York University v. Copyright Licensing Agency