Users can pick up all print requests inside the library at the Information Desk. Entering the building will require an approved Safe Lancer app status and a mask at all times.
Print Requests and Pickup
- How to request for pickup
- Login to your Account
- Locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click "Request for Pickup".
- If you need to request multiple volumes from a multi-volume set, please submit request and use the "Comment" field to indicate which volumes you want to request.
- Once you submit your request an email with pickup instructions will follow once staff are able to checkout your items to your account.
- Once you receive the on hold shelf notice, your items will be available on our next pickup day.
We’ll do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner. The introduction of enhanced health and safety protocols for staff and users means it may take us longer than usual to prepare your request; thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regular circulating items must be picked up within 5 days from the date your order was processed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or call x3402.
- Picking up your items
Users can pickup all print requests inside the library at the Information Desk.
Entering the building will require an approved Safe Lancer app status and a mask at all times. Building access is also limited by Covid capacity. When you arrive at Leddy you will be required to scan your approved Safe Lancer QR before entering or fill out a paper self assessment and sign-in.
Any users who cannot enter the building for print pickup can email email@example.com or call x3200 to make arrangements to have their books exchanged at the front doors. You are still be required to show your approved Safe Lancer App when coming to campus.
- How long can I have my items?
The library has updated our loan periods for materials to simplify communications and renewals.
Faculty & Staff: 120 Days + Unlimited renewals
Graduate Students: 120 Days + Unlimited renewals
Undergrads: 120 Days + Unlimited renewals
In order to minimize the handling of materials and limit traffic on campus patron recalls will not be available. However, the library reserves the right to recall high demand items to ensure broad access to resources if required.
- What can you request?
You can request all regular loan print and audio-visual materials for contactless pickup.
The following items are only available for digitization in accordance with campus copyright guidelines and will not be circulated:
- Journals and other serials
- Reference materials
- CRC Kits
If we don’t have the item you’re looking for, please submit a suggestion for purchase.
- Health, Safety and How you can help
We kindly ask you to partner with us to keep the Windsor community safe and healthy.
- You must have an approved self-assessment before entering the building.
- Wear a mask at all times when in the building.
- When picking up library material, please respect the signage and markers regarding physical distancing and traffic flow.
- We’re doing our best to get requested digitized and print materials to you in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience.
Scanning and Digitization Requests
- What is Digital Delivery?
- You can request scans of portions of eligible physical library materials to be delivered in PDF form by email as allowable under existing copyright laws and fair dealing guidelines. This is typically limited to 10% or 1 chapter.
- Digital delivery offers broad access to physical collections, including book chapters, journal articles, government documents, reference works, and more.
- Choosing digital delivery means you can conveniently request and access material at home on any of your devices. It also allows more people to access the same item, bringing library collections to as many users as possible.
- Certain items are only available through digital delivery. This includes print journals and serials, and reference materials.
- How to request Digital Delivery
- Login to your Account
- Locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click "Request a chapter scan". Use this link for articles and other scan requests.
- You will receive an email with instructions for accessing your digitized material within seven days.