Make a custom button using your favourite photos and designs or get crafty with the supplies and pre-made templates provided by Leddy.
The team will have all the equipment and supplies needed from magazines to cut images from, drawing tools, and pre-made templates.
If you wish to bring your own pictures, the necessary diameter is 6.5 cm to produce a button 5.6 cm across.
The craft table station will be set up in the main building across from the information desk. Once designs are complete students can submit their button at the information desk for a staff member to complete.
This is our first button-making event since COVID limited in-person gatherings. Please continue to take health and safety precautions while participating:
- To enter Leddy Library all patrons must complete the vaccine attestation and the daily Safe Lancer Self-Assessment.
- Masks are to be worn at all times.
- Craft tables are limited to 5 people. Please wait in a socially distant line for a space to open before approaching a table.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after using the craft tables.
- Please place used craft supplies in the “used” container to be sanitized.
St. Patrick’s Day, a religious holiday in Ireland, has taken on its own character and spectacle in North America. “It is a festival of soda bread, corned beef and cabbage, cardboard shamrocks, and green hats, bagels, and beer.” (Allen, 2004)
This week as St. Patrick’s Day approaches, we invite you to consider a different side of Ireland by exploring some of its influential authors and books. Please feel free to explore, borrow and enjoy! Essential Reading in Irish Literature collection highlights a sample of influential Irish authors and their works. Tap into the rich literary history of Ireland this Saint Patrick's Day.