Public Speaker's Rehearsal Room
The Public Speakers’ Rehearsal Room
gives all students on campus an opportunity to practice speaking in public in front of an audience of peers. All those attending will complete feedback forms on each presentation, and these forms are shared with the presenter. Thus, you will get a chance to
- become comfortable speaking in front of an audience
- familiarize yourself with presenting your content, and
- get constructive feedback that can help you improve.
Sessions will generally begin with a short presentation on a specific topic that relates to presentations, followed by an open-mic period, during which those in attendance can present on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you want to enhance your public speaking skills, bring your PowerPoint deck to the Leddy Library on Saturday afternoons and take advantage of this opportunity.
Even if you don’t have a presentation ready, you are welcome to attend to learn about various presentation strategies and pick up tips from those who are presenting.
Dates and Topics:
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 - Hooks and Grabbers + Open Mic
- Saturday, June 10, 2023 - Building PowerPoint Slides + Open Mic
- Saturday, June 17, 2023 - Images in PowerPoint + Open Mic
- Saturday, June 24, 2023 - Animations in PowerPoint + Open Mic
- Saturday, July 8, 2023 - Transitions in PowerPoint + Open Mic
- Saturday, July 15, 2023 - Open Mic
- Saturday, July 22, 2023 - Open Mic
- Saturday, July 29, 2023 - Open Mic
Connect with your library