A Guest UwinCARD allows alumni and patrons not affiliated with the University of Windsor to borrow material from the Leddy Library and the Paul Martin Law Library.
Please be aware that external borrowers are not able to use their library card to access online resources from off-campus or use Interlibrary Loan services.
Guest UwinCARDs are available at no cost to the following groups:
- University of Windsor Alumni
- Active Canadian University faculty, students and staff
- Retired Canadian University faculty members
- U of W Giving Campaign members
- Visiting Professors and Post-Doctoral Fellows of Canadian institutions
- St. Clair College faculty
- Lambton College faculty
- Wayne State University faculty
- Indigenous Persons (Turtle Island)
Adult residents (18+) with photo-identification and proof of address from Essex, Lambton, and Kent counties may purchase an External Borrowers Card.
- $ 20.00 for 4 months borrowing privileges
- $ 50.00 for 1 year borrowing privileges
The default loan period for external borrowers is 120 days with 1 renewal, provided there have been no requests placed on the item(s).
External Borrowers will be held financially responsible for any damage to Library materials. External Borrowers are subject to Leddy Library Loan Policies and will not be issued a new library card until all outstanding charges have been paid.
Please note that the ability to sign-on and use the sit-down computer terminals throughout the library is based on the user having an active UWin email address. Alumni who do not have an updated, active uWin email address can go to the IT Help Desk to get one, which they can then use at library computer terminals requiring sign-on. Community borrowers are not eligible for uWin email addresses and are therefore provided with thirty-six (36) publicly available terminals on 1st floor, main library building.