What is Course Resource Lists?
NOTICE: Due to a system update, Course Resource Lists will be unavailable from from December 19th - January 6th. Please submit lists prior to the 19th. For more information visit Course Resource Notices and Omni.
Course Resource Lists is an update to the Library's course reserve system that integrates with your Blackboard course site. It is the most effective way for faculty and instructors to utilize the library's online and print resources in your class while also enabling you to integrate resources from anywhere on the web.
How to Submit Your Resource List
Connect Your Blackboard Site to Course Resource Lists
To get started instructors need to enable the Library Resource List tool link in Blackboard.
- This will enable you to create and submit your reading list to the library.
- This ensures that students can open their reading list from within your Blackboard course site.
Please download the simple steps guide or review the short video below on how to connect.
Subtmit Your Reading List From Blackboard
Once you've added the Library Resource List tool link in your Blackboard course site, you can submit your reading list to the library to process. For instruction please watch the short videos below or refer to our 10 steps guide.
Create your Course Resource List
Submit your Course Resource List to the library for processing and publishing
Rollover: Reusing a Previous Course Resource List
You can re-use or “roll over” a course reading list that you’ve used in a previous term. You can edit the reading lists after they are rolled over.
- Login to your new Blackboard course site when it is available.
- Add the Library Resource Link Tool Link and Launch it.
- When Prompted, select “Roll over reading lists from an existing course” from the reading lists options.
- Select the course you want to roll over.
- Update the Reading list name and leave the other default settings as they are and select “Roll Over”.
FAQs and Important Facts
- Visit our comprehensive FAQ Page for answers to more FAQs
- Once your list is published your students can click the tool-link you added to your course site menu to access their resource list.
- Cross Listed Courses: If your course is cross listed, please until your Blackboard course sites are consolidated to submit your list.
- If you are not consolidating course sites, you will need to add the tool link to both courses.
- Instructors can also login, access and edit their resource list in our system independantly of Blackboard. So if Blackboard is down, or you don't have your course site yet, you can still work on your resource list.
- Students will also be able to access their resource list in Blackboard and through Course Resource Lists on the library websites. However, some materials may be restricted for copyright reasons.
Not Using Blackboard
If your course doesn't use Blackboard, you can still submit your resource lists to the library. The Leddy Library team will create your course resource list which will be available through our website.
What Kind of Resources can be Placed on My Reading List?
- Online resources such as eBooks, articles and streaming Video and more.
- Physical items in our collection or personal items that faculty or departments drop off.
- Scanned materials such as book chapters. The library will digitize materials for you within bounds of fair dealing.
- Copyright Clearance. If a digitization requests exceeds the fair dealing guidelines we will seek copyright clearance.
- Purchase of new items. We may in some cases be able to purchase high demand print and electronic resources.
Guides and Resources
|Phone||519-253-3000 Ext. 3402|