NEW! Remote Access to Statistical and GIS Software Applications
The Academic Data Centre is now offering remote access to ADC workstations to support off-campus access to statistical and GIS software applications.
SPSS and SAS can additionally be reserved here.
The Academic Data Centre provides support and consulting for statistical and geospatial methods as well as for the software packages SPSS, SAS, Stata, R and ArcGIS. We can help:
- decide on the appropriate statistical method to use
- figure out statistics homework
- set up data for analysis
- create maps and graphs
- perform custom statistical programming
- locate data to analyze or statistics to help support an argument.
We provide full support for working with the following programs:
- ArcMap (ArcGIS) 10.7.1
- Google Earth Pro
- Beyond 20/20 Browser
- R (R Studio)
- SAS 9.4
- SPSS 26 (including one license for SPSS Amos)
- StataSE 15
- StatTransfer 13
- NVivo 12 (one license in the ADC -- two licenses in the public area: workstations M1040 - M1042)
During the pandemic, we have free access to SPSS 26 from off campus. Instructions are available here.
We also work with faculty to help them incorporate data into their courses. Services include preparing custom teaching datasets, speaking to classes on data sources or methods, working with GA's and TA's.