Faculty, students and staff can request items that are available in the library (Holds) or currently checked out by another patron (Recall).
You can search our catalogue for resources and request that items in our collection be held at the information desk for pickup. You will recieve an email notification when your items are available.
- Requests will be processed daily from Mon-Friday.
- Items will be held for 5 days before they are returned to the shelf.
- You can request a maximum of 10 items.
If you want to borrow an item from the Leddy Library, but another person is already borrowing it, you have the ability to request this item. The system will recall checked-out library materials by students, faculty, and staff. Requests can be made through your account in the catalogue or at the Circulation Desk.
How to Request an Item
1. Choose the item from the list in the catalogue
2. Go to the Holdings tab
3. Click on "Sign in for more options"
4. Enter your UWinID and password
5. Click "Request" in Request Options
6. Fill out the online request form and click on "Request"
Recalled items should be available within 7 days. Holds request are processed daily Mon-Fri. An email will be sent to you when your item is ready for pick-up.