Borrow from Canadian University Libraries

In addition to ordering materials from other libraries, students, faculty and staff have in-person borrowing privileges at most Canadian university libraries

What you'll need

For most university libraries, all that is required for borrowing is a valid UWinCARD.

In some cases, host libraries, such as those from Quebec, will require a specially issued card for identification purposes. You can get this card – the Inter-University Borrowing Project (IUBP) card – from the Information Desk. If you have questions, please check with us before you go.

Good to know

Some library materials such as periodicals, videos, and books on course reserve may not be available for loan. Reciprocal borrowing privileges are determined by each lending (host) library and usually provide shorter loan periods than those available at the individual's home library. The lending library's regulations related to loan periods, renewal and recall procedures, and fines will apply to all loans. Lost or damaged materials should be reported to the library from which the item was borrowed.

The University of Toronto Libraries does not participate in this program, but graduate students, faculty, and staff may purchase an external researcher membership.