Meet Omni, the new, easy-to-use academic search tool that gives you access to high-quality resources from 14 Ontario university libraries.
Leddy Library and the Paul Martin Law Library are excited to introduce Omni, a search tool that will give you fast and easy access to a vast collection of diverse print and digital, high-quality, academic research resources. With Omni, you'll be able to broaden the scope of your research projects and reach your research goals with ease and confidence.
Omni will be available at the University of Windsor on Jan 6th, 2020 and will update the existing library search interfaces. Stay tuned for additional features which will follow in 2020. Announced on Oct. 30 as part of the Collaborative Futures initiative, Omni is a result of the ongoing collaboration between members of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL).
Timelines & Service Interruptions
Omni is launching on January 6th 2020 to ensure there are no disruptions to student resources during the exam period and will provide adequate time to prepare instructors for the Winter semester. While we are making every effort to minimize service disruption during implementation, there are a few temporary changes to library services leading up to the launch.
December 19th 2019: Library systems switch to a read only mode. During this time:
- Users will still be able to access online resources and sign out items.
- Users will NOT be able to check their library account online or place holds or requests online.
- Faculty will NOT be able to submit or access Course Resource Lists. This does not impact Faculty of Law reserves.
January 6th: Library systems will return to full function with Omni available to users:
- Permalinks saved from our current library search system may need to be update after January 6th and may not work.
- The Leddy Course Resource Lists System will be available again for faculty and students.
- Account functions will be restored.
CONTACTS FOR QUESTIONS:
Leddy Library firstname.lastname@example.org