During Covid-19 the library offers two ways in which users can continue to access our physical collections. Digital Delivery allows users to request scans of limited portions of print materials in the library. Contactless Pickup is available at Leddy Library to allow all students, faculty, staff to request and pickup print materials at the library.
Contactless pickup resumes Monday, May 10th, 2021.
|Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.|
What is Digital Delivery?
You can request scans of portions of eligible physical library materials to be delivered in PDF form by email as allowable under existing copyright laws and fair dealing guidelines. This is typically limited to 10% or 1 chapter.
Digital delivery offers broad access to physical collections, including book chapters, journal articles, government documents, reference works, and more.
Choosing digital delivery means you can conveniently request and access material at home on any of your devices. It also allows more people to access the same item, bringing library collections to as many users as possible.
Certain items are only available through digital delivery. This includes course reserve items, print journals and serials, and reference materials.
How to request Digital Delivery
Covid-19 Self-Assessment Checks
Please note that all users are now required to show staff their completed Covid-19 self assessment with an approved status before picking up their items. This can be done by using the Safe Lancer app on your phone or by downloading and printing out the PDF version of the self-assessment.
How to request contactless pickup
- Login to your Account
- Locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click "Physical Item Request".
- If you need to request multiple volumes from a multi-volume set, please submit request and use the "Comment" field to indicate which volumes you want to request.
- Once you submit your request an email with pickup instructions will follow once staff are able to checkout your items to your account.
- Once you receive your loan notice, your items will be available for pickup during our pickup schedule.
- We’ll do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner. The introduction of enhanced health and safety protocols for staff and users means it may take us longer than usual to prepare your request; thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Regular circulating items must be picked up within 2 weeks from the date your order was processed. 7 day Course Reserve loans must be picked up within 3 days. Items not retrieved in that time will return the shelves for other patrons to request.
- Please note that the library is not open on Saturday or Sunday. So, the first eligible pick up day for items checked out on Friday is currently Monday.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Picking up your items
On arrival to campus on one of our pickup days, please proceed to the front entrance of Leddy Library. Please read and follow all available signage.
- Line up outside as labeled. In the event a line forms, markers have been placed on the ground 2 meters apart to provide for physical distancing.
- Call 519-253-3000 ext. 3200 and provide your name and ID number on your card.
- Your items have been prepared in advance. So they'll be ready when you arrive.
- We’ll place your item(s) on the pick-up table located inside the lobby and unlock the door for you.
- Use the hands free button to open the door and come in and pick up your items from the cart.
- Please open the door and exit the building using the hands free button.
- Regular circulating items must be picked up within 2 weeks from the date your order was processed. Course Reserve 7 day loans must be picked up 3 days from the date your order was processed. Items not retrieved in that time will return the shelves for other patrons.
If you have questions or need additional assistance to pick up your items, please contact us.
How long can I have my items?
In order to minimize the handling of materials and limit traffic on campus patron recalls will not be available. However, the library reserves the right to recall high demand items to ensure broad access to resources if required.
What can you request?
You can request all regular loan print and audio-visual materials for contactless pickup.
The following items are only available for digitization in accordance with campus copyright guidelines and will not be circulated:
- Journals and other serials
- Reference materials
- CRC Kits
If we don’t have the item you’re looking for, please submit a suggestion for purchase.
Health, Safety and How you can help
We kindly ask you to partner with us to keep the Windsor community safe and healthy.
Our locations remain closed to the public and no users will be permitted to enter beyond the lobby. When picking up library material, please respect the signage and markers regarding physical distancing and traffic flow.
We’re doing our best to get the requested digitized and print materials to you in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience. Due to updated provincial guidelines, the requirement to quarantine items is no longer necessary.