Omni offers enhanced discovery and delivery of information resources at the University of Windsor, our partner institutions, and beyond. Stay tuned for additional features which will follow in 2020. Announced on Oct. 30 as part of the Collaborative Futures initiative, Omni is a result of the ongoing collaboration between members of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL).
Your Omni Library Account
To access their library account users can click the "Sign In" link from any page within Omni.
Logging into My Account allows you to:
- Request or recall items for pickup
- Check loans, due dates, and fines
- Save items to and your favourites list
- View search history
- Create alerts
Basic Search Tips
Omni can search different domains:
- UWindsor's physical and online resources
- UWindsor's physical resources (Leddy & Law)
- UWindsor + Omni Libraries: adds physical holdings of the 13 partner university libraries
- Add results beyond: academic e-resources outside of Windsor's collection. Order through interlibrary loan.
|AND is assumed between words||fish (AND) pollution (AND) lakes|
|Quotations for phases||"great lakes"; "health science"|
|Synonyms||OR between related words; habitat OR ecosystem|
|Exclude words||NOT to exclude terms; gambling NOT lottery|
|Alternate word endings||* for unlimited characters, especially used for word endings; cultur* for culture, cultural, and culturally|
|Wildcard characters||? for single character wildcard; wom?n for woman, women|
|Brackets to group terms||Shakespeare (sonnet OR tragedy); "climate change" (ecosystem* OR habitat*) Ontario|
Favourites, Permalinks, Citations
Omni allows you to easily save items to your favourites list, share reliable permalinks, and export results to common citation formats like APA.
- Resources you discover can be saved to your favourites list by clicking the pin icon
- Selecting the Citation icon allows you to export search results in common formats like APA
- You can export to bibtext, RIS, Endnote and other bibliographic manager formats
- You can email resources you discover to share
- You can print results
Search Other Omni Libraries
Omni allows you to discover resources at other Ontario universities and can quickly connect you to our interlibrary loan service.
When you begin to type in your search results, you can select the scope of your search. This can include
- UWindsor Libraries (Leddy & Law)
- UWindsor Libraries + Other Omni Libraries across the province
- UWindsor Libraries Catalogue only for physical items only
To view items available from other libraries, just use the "Other Omni Libraries" facet. You can then review the items that match your search at other libraries.
If you have any questions please let us know via chat, email or phone.