The Academic Data Centre provides walk-in support and consulting for statistical and geospatial methods as well as for the software packages SPSS, SAS, Stata, R and ArcGIS. We can help:
- decide on the appropriate statistical method to use
- figure out statistics homework
- set up data for analysis
- create maps and graphs
- perform custom statistical programming
- locate data to analyze or statistics to help support an argument.
We have a small reference collection of software manuals and statistical methodology books that can be used in the Centre. We provide full support and have reference material on hand for working with the following programs:
- ArcMap (ArcGIS) 10.4.1
- Google Earth Pro
- Beyond 20/20 Browser
- R (R Studio)
- SAS 9.4
- SPSS 24 (including one license for SPSS Amos)
- StataSE 15
- StatTransfer 13
- NVivo 12 (one license in the ADC -- two licenses in the public area: workstations M1040 - M1042)
***During the pandemic, we have free access to SPSS 26 from off campus. Instructions are available here.
***Until August 31, Leddy Library is able to provide temporary free acces Stata/SE 16. To obtain a license key, please contact email@example.com.
We also work with faculty to help them incorporate data into their courses. Services include preparing custom teaching datasets, speaking to classes on data sources or methods, working with GA's and TA's.