READY TO BEGIN? Click Here
Adding your paper to Scholarship at UWindsor
To add a work to Scholarship at UWindsor please follow the guide below. If you'd like to request help in uploading your works, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!
Video Tutorials are also available on variety of topics related to Scholarship at UWindsor.
If you have any questions please contact Dave Johnston (email@example.com).
The Quick Guide
(1) Go to Scholarship at UWindsor and sign in with your UWIN ID and password
(2) Hit "Submit Research" under author corner and select the department you want to upload to.
(3) Fill out the submit form with as much information about your article as possible and upload the appropriate version of your article. (visit our publisher posting policies page)
(5) Your article will then be reviewed and posted.
The Detailed Guide
Have all of your information ready for deposit. This includes co-authors, embargo period, journal publication information, keywords and abstract, and the file including your paper in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Word
The final document posted in Scholarship at UWindsor will be automatically converted to PDF format.
Which copy of my paper can I deposit?
Authors submitting in compliance with the Tri-Council Open Access Policy should upload their author's accepted manuscript or the publishers PDF (where permissible). The author's accepted manuscript is the version of the article that was modified and accepted for publication after of peer review. This should include all tables, figures and images.
All authors who wish to post content to Scholarship at UWindsor can check the Sherpa/Romeo policy database to find your journal's article posting policy. Alternatively you may check with your publisher. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask Dave Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(1) Go to the Scholarship at UWindsor homepage.
(2) Click on "My Account"
(3) Login with your UWIN ID and password by following the link shown below:
(4) In the the right side bar under "Author Corner, click Submit Research.
(5) When you click on this button, you will be taken to a page which lists all of the current collections to which you may submit. Find your department, school, or center, and choose the series in which you would like to deposit. (ex. Department of Biological Sciences --> Biological Sciences Publications). Once you click on the series, you will be prompted to login.
(6) The Author Agreement: After logging in you will see an author agreement. Checking off the author agreement simply grants the non-exclusive right to host a copy of your work in our repository, acknowledges that you have the right to post your work, and reminds authors what information the need to have ready when submitting.
(7) Provide Information about your Work: Fill out the form as seen in the sample below. This is where you can add your embargo period if necessary, your article metadata, and the file containing your paper.
After submitting your materials, a preview screen will appear.
Read through all of the information carefully, checking for errors and correct formatting.
You should receive an email confirming your submission.
This email will also give you a link to check the status of your paper.
NOTE: Your work is NOT PUBLICLY AVAILABLE until an administrator of the series checks the version If you have any questions please contact Dave Johnston (email@example.com).