Quiet Study Areas
- 2nd and 4th floor, Main Building
- 3rd floor, West Building
Graduate Study Carrels
- only for full-time graduate students
- those interested must have their name put on the waiting list at the Circulation Desk
- if your application is successful, a $50 key deposit is required
- carrels are assigned to a student for a maximum period of two years
- those assigned Study Carrels must abide by their rules and regulations
Short Term Loan Study Carrels
Given that the waiting list for a Graduate Study Carrel can be up to a year, the library has 5 rooms on short term loan for available only to graduate students.
- If you are currently waiting for a study carrel, you can request a short term carrel at the information desk.
- Rooms are intended for a single person, not groups.
- These rooms can be signed out on a first come first serve basis.
- You can book them for 4 hours. At the end of your 4 hours, you can sign out a room for an addition 4 hours if one is available.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the group study rooms. The library is not responsible for loss or damage of items.
- Patrons are responsible for damages to the room and to room keys. Standard key replacement cost is $50.00. Other room damages will be assessed as needed.
- Regular food and drink policy strictly applies – no food allowed.
- Lock the door when the room is vacated.
Group Study Areas
- 1st floor, Main Building
- 1st and 2nd floors, West Building
Group Study Rooms
- There are 8 designated group study rooms, 4 on the 3rd floor, Main Building, and 3 on the 3rd floor West building (a quiet floor), and 1 on the 2nd floor West Building.
- Rooms are available for up to 3 hours.
- You must check out the group study room key at the Circulation Desk.
- Rooms may not be pre-booked. They are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Failure to follow the group study room guidelines may result in a suspension of room booking privileges.
- Users signing out group study rooms with white boards will given a kit that contains a key, marker, and dry earase brush. When they return the key they must return ALL items in the kit. A replacement fee will be charged for any missing items.