You must pay for your printing and photocopying with a UWinCard or guest affiliate card. You can add funds to your UWinCard in a number of ways, including the value-added machine located on the first floor of the Leddy Library. Change is provided at the Circulation Desk. Other options for adding funds to your card are indicated here.
Faculty wishing to purchase Uwin cash against a grant number should go to the UWinCARD Office. Community borrowers may purchase a UWin Affiliate Card from the UWin value added machine in the library or from the UWinCARD office in the CAW centre. The cost of this card is $2.00 which includes $1.00 worth of UWin cash on the card.
Network Laser Printing
- all computers have the ability to send files to our network printers
- by default your print-out will be directed to the monochrome printer in the building which you are located, although you may send to any of our four network printers
- double-sided (or duplex printing) is set as default on all black and white printers in the Leddy Library; single side printing is available for blank and white printing but this option must be set before printing
- costs 7 ¢ per side for monochrome (black and white) printing
- 24 ¢ per side for colour printing
- Main Library Building, first floor: four monochrome printers and a colour printer located just east of the elevators
- Main Library Building, basement: one monochrome printer located in the Media Centre
- West Building, basement : there is a monchrome printer located on the basement floor near the main group of study carrells
How to Print
- when you are ready to print, first select the GoPrint printer that you wish to send your job to
- to select the GOPrint printer click Print in your application and then select the GoPrint printer you would like to send your job to.
- by default your print will be directed to the GoPrint monochrome printer in the building which you are located, although you may send to any of our four network printers
- your job will be identified by your computer workstation's name
- at the pay station, click the button corresponding to the workstation number from where you sent the print job
- select the file(s) you want to print, then press the GoPrint button
- swipe your UWinCARD through the GoPrint reader with the stripe toward the light, to deduct the cost of the print from your account
- press the accept button to debit your account and release the print job to the printer
- a notification message will appear with the location of the printer where your print job was sent
There are 10 photocopiers throughout the library. You must use your UwinCARD to pay for your copies.
- 9 cents per page for black and white
- 26 cents per page for colour
- 30 per page for microfilm and microfiche
- Main Building
- Main Floor - 4 monochrome copiers and 1 colour copier
- Basement - 2 monochrome copiers
- West Building
- Main Floor - 2 monochrome copiers
- Basement - 1 monochrome copier