Order Books & Articles Not in Leddy Library with RACER
RACER is the Interlibrary Loan service of the Leddy Library that delivers texts from other libraries when the material is not available at the University of Windsor.
We are are now offering electronic document delivery of articles to all our registered patrons. Print articles will no longer be available at the main circulation desk.
Only active University of Windsor students, staff and faculty are allowed to use this service. Law students must register at the Paul Martin Law Library.
- Connect to RACER
- Register: New to RACER? Create your account
- Forgot your password? Has your account expired? - Please contact our Interlibrary Loan office by phone (519 253 3000 Ext 3195) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Want to suggest a book or other item for purchase to our librarians? Find your subject librarian's email address here.
Ordering Films and Videos
Faculty members can find details on how to order films and videos from other libraries at the following link: Ordering films and videos
1. Confirm materials are not available on campus
Check the Library Catalogue to determine if your article or book is already available before using RACER. If you are looking for an article, also Browse Online Journals to confirm that the article is not available online.
2. Click to connect to RACER
Your password is the one you created upon registration. If you cannot remember your password please email RACER@uwindsor.ca or call the Interlibrary loans office at 519-253-3000 ext. 3195.
3. Pick up your materials
Please note that you must pick up books ordered through RACER at the front desk of the Leddy Library. Articles will be delivered by email.
- you will be notified via e-mail when your materials are available
- you will be able to access the delivered articles 7 days – and you will be restricted to opening the document a maximum of 3 times during these 7 days
- you will be required to present a valid Leddy Library card (or letter of consent) when picking up materials
- All borrowed material from external libraries are tracked through our Leddy circulation system. Lost book bands will result in a $5.00 fine
4. Returning Materials
Return materials to the Library's Circulation Desk.
Interlibrary loan material is subject to the same fine policy as Leddy Library Materials. All fine/charges will be added to the patron's record.document delivery requests for faculty, graduate students and staff are subsidised by the library up to $25 (excluding rush charges and additional surcharges/fees).
6. For more information and assistance, contact the Interlibrary Loans Office: