The library will be closed until further notice as the University has moved to an Essential Services Model. However, we continue to provide services to our students, faculty and staff remotely. We will continue to update this page as these services develop. Our remote hours of operation are 8:30am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri.
Contacting the Library
Librarians and staff are available and will provide key services remotely. Email and virtual reference will be the best way to contact us at this time.
- General Contact Information (email@example.com)
- Research Help and Reference (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leddy Systems Support (email@example.com)
- Archives and Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Academic Data Centre (email@example.com)
- Electronic Resource Issues (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ask Virtual Chat Service & Research Help
- Your Librarian
Borrowing, return and renewal of Physical Items & ILL
- At present, there is no borrowing of print materials or loans.
- You do not need to return or renew physical materials from Leddy. The outside drop boxes are open for drop-offs if you wish, but we cannot process returns at this time.
- Please ignore the system notices about fines and due dates until further notice.
- Books borrowed through interlibrary loan will not accumulate fines at this time.
- All dues will be extended.
Free e-resources during COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many publishers and vendors are making their previously pay-walled materials available for free for use by instructors and researchers. please visit our Covid-19 eResource page as we compile these resources. It’s important to note that some of these resources will not stay openly accessible forever.
Online Services for Faculty
How do I integrate Library Resources into my Online Class?
- Faculty can embed library resources into their Blackboard course site using the library’s Course Resource Lists system.
- If you already have print items in our reserve collection please contact email@example.com about digitization options.
- The library operates a virtual chat research help service for the campus from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday. Just visit our website and click the "Chat Now" icon in the bottom right.
- Contact your librarian about what they can do to support your online class. One option is to embed research support resources for your students in your Course Resource List.
What Kind of Resources can be placed in my Course Resource List?
During the disruption, the following materials can be made accessible.
- Online resources such as eBooks, articles and streaming videos can be included and are accessible off-campus.
- Your course resource lists can also capture openly available information like public websites, online videos and more.
If you have more questions please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and library staff will be happy to help. The Leddy Library also has a help article that will walk you through the process as well.
How Can the Library Support My Research?
Online Services for Students
- The vast majority of our resources are available online and off-campus through our website. To discover online databases for your subject visit our research-tools page.
- Check your Blackboard Course Site or our website to see if there is a Library Resource list for your class.
- The library operates a virtual chat research help service for the campus from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday. Visit our website and look for the Ask Leddy button.
- Contact your librarian for research support.
- Interlibrary Loan Services are available for electronic journal reserves only.
- The Writing Support Desk will notify students of any change in service.
Visiting the Library
There are currently no in-building library services.