plant type specimens, taxonomic structures, scientific literature, and related materials for plant science community. JSTOR Plant Science offers access to botanical and other resources from around the world including:
- The world’s largest database of plant type specimens representing the botanical diversity of the planet. More than 1,000,000 specimens are available today. When complete, there will be an estimated 2.2 million.
- Over 175,000 scientific research articles and other content dating back hundreds of years from leading academic journals including Kew Bulletin, Mycologia, International Journal of Plant Sciences, Science, PNAS, and others.
- Foundational reference works and books such as The Useful Plants of West Tropical Africa, Flowering Plants of South Africa, and illustrations from Curtis's Botanical Magazine.
- A significant set of correspondence, including Kew’s Directors' Correspondence which included hand-written letters and memorandum from the senior staff of Kew from 1841 to 1928.
- More than 20,000 paintings, photographs, drawings, and other images.