• For Faculty:
Faculty at the University of Windsor planning to do research at other North American University Libraries can obtain an OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Card in order to borrow material.
INFOPASS is a form that allows University of Windsor students to borrow up to three books from libraries in the Detroit Metro area, if the books are not available at the Leddy or Law libraries. A pass is issued upon request at the Reference Desk of the Leddy Library, and is valid for 10 days from the date of issuance.
Where to go ...
1. Go to Leddy Library’s Circulation Desk and get written verification that there are no outstanding fines or blocks on your library card.
2. Go to Leddy Library’s Reference Desk and work with a librarian to fill out the form with information about the book you need and the library where it is available.
3. Go to the participating library, locate the book(s) and present it along with INFOPASS form, your current student card and a 2nd picture ID at their Circulation desk.
4. Go to the participating library to return the book. Books borrowed with INFOPASS must be returned to the lending library. Do not return books to the Leddy Library.
Things to note:
• An INFOPASS is only valid for 10 days from the date of issuance.
• Most participating libraries will only loan up to 3 items only.
• Student should call the library to inquire about limits or restrictions before going there.
• Some lending libraries charge fees and/ or require photo-ID to borrow books.
• Students are responsible for adhering to all borrowing provisions of the lending library.
• Students are liable for all fees incurred at the lending library.
• Failure to return materials and/or pay all fees or fines may result in a block on UWindsor borrowing privileges and/or a hold being placed on your academic records.
Wayne State University & Michigan State University participate in INFOPASS.
Note: For more extensive borrowing privileges, you must purchase a guest library card at the lending institution, if available.
• U of Michigan: guest library card can be purchased for $250 US per year.
• Wayne State U: guest library card can be purchased for $50 US per year.
When to request an INFOPASS ...
• When Leddy or Law libraries do not own a copy of a book you need.
• When the book you need is either "missing" or "on order" according to Leddy's Library Catalogue.
• When no other material at Leddy Library will fulfill your library research needs.
(Exceptions to the rule)
When NOT to request an INFOPASS ...
• When the book you need is 'charged out' of the library [request that it be 'recalled']
• When the book can't be found on the shelf [submit a missing item form; forms can be found at the Circulation Desk]