The Leddy Library has over 250 computers to offer its users. IT Computer Staff are available to help you with your in-library computer problems whenever the library is open. They wear blue vests reading "IT Help" and can be found on the first floor of the main building of Leddy.
- Looking for hardware?
- Accessible workstations
- Computer Accessories available for loan
- More about computers access in the Leddy Library
- Reserving a computer
Looking for Hardware?
Computers in the Leddy Library have sticker bearing names such as "LM100". If you can't find a particular computer, please ask one of our IT Staff.
- Apple Workstations: LM1009 & LM128
- DVD/CD Burners: All computers in the library
- Flatbed Scanners: LM119, M1002 thru M1009, M1011 thru M1030, (First Floor - Main Building)
- Floppy Disk Drive: USB External Floppy drive available at the Reserve Desk
- Microfilm Scanners: LMB04, LMB05, MB043 (Main Building Basement)
- Media Readers: Many computers have built in Media readers if not USB Media readers are available at the Reserve desk
The Library currently offers two accessible workstations in the public area.
- LM110 located north of the Information Desk in the Main building, has JAWS screen reader software and the Zoomtext magnification utility along with a 23" monitor and a large print keyboard. Priority use of this workstation will be given to persons with visual disabilities. This workstation is open access and does not require a sign-in.
- M1010 located north of the Information Desk in the Main building, has JAWS screen reader software and the Zoomtext magnification utility along with a 22" monitor and a large print keyboard. This station requires a signon and may be booked ahead of time.
There is also one accessible workstation in classroom G101A in the basement of the main library building.
- MB001 is located in Classroom G101A in the basement of the main building. This PC has Zoomtext software along with a large print keyboard.
Computer Accessories available for loan
The following items are available for loan at the Reserve counter:
- Ethernet patch cables
- USB Flash Drives
- USB Media Readers
- USB Mice
- Wireless laptop cards
More about computer access in the Leddy Library
The Leddy Library provides public access on over two hundred computer workstations throughout the Library. We have two main types of workstations.
- Open Access workstations: These workstations are located on the main floor of the main building near the reference desk. There is no sign on required and there are no time limits but we do ask you be considerate of others
- Secure Access workstations: These workstations are located on the main & basement floors of both the West Library and the Main Library. Sign on is required