Group Study Rooms in Leddy Library:
The purpose of the group study rooms is to accommodate the small group, self-directed learning requirements of University of Windsor academic programs.
Getting a Group Study Room:
- Rooms are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Patrons must come to the front desk to check availability.
- 4 group study rooms are available on the 3rd floor, Main Building.
- 3 group study rooms are available on the 3rd floor, West Building (a quiet floor).
- 1 study room is available on the 2nd floor, West Building.
- Use of group study rooms is limited to current faculty, staff and students. You must have a valid UWin card to sign out a group study room key.
- Room keys are signed out to patrons for 3 hours only.
- Late fines will begin to accumulate after 3 hours.
- Renewals are generally not permitted. However, if another group study room is available at the end of the 3-hour loan period, patrons may sign their group study room key out for another 3 hour period. This must be done at the main circulation desk.
- Failure to follow the Group Study Room Use Guidelines listed below and other general library policies may result in a suspension of group study room use privileges.
Group Study Room Use Guidelines:
- Leave the room in the same condition that it was found.
- Lock the door when the room is vacated.
- Group study rooms are intended for quiet discussion only. Be considerate of others studying nearby..
- Study rooms should not replace classrooms.
- Regular food and drink policy strictly applies – no food allowed.
- Rooms can take 1 – 4 people only.
- Patrons are responsible for damages to the room and to room keys. Standard key replacement cost is $50.00. Other room damages will be assessed as needed.
- Vacate the study room when your time is up. You will be fined for late key return.
- Ensure at least one person occupies the room at all times during the use of the room.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the group study rooms. The library is not responsible for loss or damage of items.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the circulation desk.