Digital Delivery and Contactless Pickup is now available for faculty, graduate students, and staff as the first step to expanding library services.
Digital Delivery and Contactless Pickup is not available to undergraduates at this time. Services will be expanded to undergraduate students following this initial testing phase. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
What is Digital Delivery?
Faculty, graduate students, and staff can now request scans of portions of eligible physical library materials to be delivered in PDF form by email as allowable under existing copyright laws and fair dealing guidelines. This is typically limited to 10% or 1 chapter.
Digital delivery offers broad access to physical collections, including book chapters, journal articles, government documents, reference works, and more.
Choosing digital delivery means you can conveniently request and access material at home on any of your devices. It also allows more people to access the same item, bringing library collections to as many users as possible.
Certain items are only available through digital delivery. This includes course reserve items, print journals and serials, and reference materials.
How to request Digital Delivery
How to request contactless pickup
- Login to your Account
- Locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click "Physical Item Request".
- If you need to request multiple volumes from a multi-volume set, please submit request and use the "Comment" field to indicate which volumes you want to request.
- Once you submit your request an email with pickup instructions will follow once staff are able to checkout your items to your account.
- We’ll do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner. The introduction of enhanced health and safety protocols for staff and users means it may take us longer than usual to prepare your request; thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important Information About Your Pickup Day!
Items that are retrieved by our staff will sit for 48 hours before they are circulated to you. This means that when you are notified that an item has been checked out to your account, it won't be available for pickup until the next pickup day.
- If you received an email notice on Tuesday, your items can be picked up Friday.
- If you received an email notice on Friday, your items can be picked up Tuesday.
All requests will be available for pick up at the Leddy Library. Contactless Pickup hours: Tuesday & Friday from 1pm - 4pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Picking up your items
Make sure you bring your UWin card with you. On arrival to campus on one of our pickup days, please proceed to the front entrance of Leddy Library
- Do not enter the building. Please read and follow all available signage.
- Line up outside as labeled. In the event a line forms, markers have been placed on the ground 2 meters apart to provide for physical distancing and traffic flow.
- Call 519-253-3000 ext. 3200 and provide your name and ID number on your card.
- We’ll confirm your order details and information over the phone.
- We’ll place your item(s) on the pick-up table located inside the lobby and unlock the door for you.
- Use the hands free button to open the door and pick up your item(s) when our staff member has returned inside the building.
- Pick up your items from the table.
- Please open the door and exit the building using the hands free button.
If you have questions or need additional assistance to pick up your items, please contact us.
How long can I have my items?
The library has updated our loan periods for materials to simplify communications and renewals.
Faculty & Staff: 1 year loan + 1 additional online renewal (max 2 years)
Graduate Students: 4 months + 2 additional online renewals (max 1 year)
Undergrads: 4 months + 1 additional renewal (max 8 months)
In order to minmize the handling of materials and limit traffic on campus patron recalls will not be available. However, the library reserves the right to recall high demand items to ensure broad access to resources if required.
What can you request?
You can request all regular loan print and audio-visual materials for no-contact pickup.
The following items are only available for digitization in accordance with campus copyright guidelines and will not be circulated:
- High demand course reserve items
- Journals and other serials
- Reference materials
- CRC materials
If we don’t have the item you’re looking for, please submit a suggestion for purchase.
How you can help
We kindly ask you to partner with us to keep the Windsor community safe and healthy.
Our locations remain closed to the public and no users will be permitted to enter beyond the lobby. When picking up library material, please respect the signage and markers regarding physical distancing and traffic flow.
We’re doing our best to get requested digitized and print materials to you in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience.