The University of Windsor subscribes to a number of financial databases through the Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) platform, including the core stock and fundamentals databases CRSP and COMPUSTAT.
Ways to use WRDS
Query data from WRDS using a web browser—no software needed to install.
- Use for basic research, teaching and study purposes
- Accessible to all UWindsor users through IP authentication
Use your favourite programming language or data software to further access WRDS remotely. Available on:
- SAS via PC-SAS/Connect
- Python via Jupyter Notebooks or Spyder
- R via RStudio
List of WRDS databases
COMPUSTAT Global. Includes Global Vantage, Emerging Markets Database Quarterly.
- COMPUSTAT North America. Includes the Executive Compensation database.
- CRSP daily and monthly stocks
- Bank Regulatory
- Chicago Options Board Exchange Indexes
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation - customer purchase history datasets
- Dow Jones - daily and monthly Dow Jones Composite, Dow Jones Industrial, Dow Jones Transportation, Dow Jones Utility, the Dow 10, and the Dow 5
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation data
- Fama French, Momentum, and Liquidity
- Federal Reserve Bank Reports
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange - Currency Options and Implied Volatility
- Penn World Tables
- SEC Disclosure of Order Execution
- TRACE - Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine
The data is for use by University of Windsor faculty, staff, and students, for research, teaching, and study purposes only.
1. Please read the introductory guide: UWindsor Getting Started Guide
2. See also this powerpoint presentation on using WRDS to access CRSP and Compustat, with a discussion of some of the key stock identifier variables
3. On campus: contact the Academic Data Centre
4. At WRDS: email firstname.lastname@example.org