The following list outlines Ontario focused geospatial datasets by subject. More data for these areas may be available in the Canada sections. Select one of the links below to see detailed information for each dataset.
- Land-Cover and Land Use
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Economic Activity and Society
Many other geospatial data sets for Ontario can be free downloaded from various government organization and conservation authority websites. Below is a recommended list of such data source:
Grand River Information Network provides a set of vector, raster grids and orthoimagery for the Grand River watershed.
Land Information Ontario (LIO) has launched Ontario GeoHub, a new service for finding and accessing Ontario’s authoritative
geospatial data. More information can be found at https://www.ontario.ca/page/land-information-ontario.
- Several Ontario ministers have provided a bunch of interactive online applications for different purposes:
- Agricultural Information Atlas: allows users to create custom maps and find agricultural information for Ontario.
- GeologyOntario provides access to all Ontario Geological Survey maps, reports and digital datasets.
- OGSEarth provides a set of Ontario mining, land and water data in KML format (which can be viewed by Google Earth).
- Renewable Energy Atlas: provides information on available wind and water energy resources on Crown land.
- Crown Land Use Policy Atlas: allows users to view Crown land use area boundaries and create maps for a variety of purposes.
- Forest Fire Info Map: provides a list of current fires in Ontario.
- Make a Map: Natural Heritage Areas: allows users to make a custom map of the various natural heritage areas in Ontario.
- Make a Topographic Map: allows users to make a custom topographic map of any area of Ontario.
- COSINE Retrieval (COSINE): view geodetic control monument locations in Ontario.
- Watershed flow assessment tool: allows users to make watershed maps and calculate flow and stream characteristics.
The Ontario Government's Data Catalogue: search and find government data.
Ontario Ministry of Environment Interactive Maps Portal: include several interactive maps for environmental information in Ontario.
CAMaps.ca: an interactive map portal to several Ontario's conservation authority homepages and mapping sites.
Windsor Open Data: the city of Windsor’s Open Data Catalogue.
Windsor-Essex Regional Demographics Tool: contains basic demographics information about the region.
Ottawa Open Data: the City of Ottawa’s open data portal.
Toronto Open Data: the City of Toronto’s open data portal.
Ontario Municipalities provides links to homepages for municipalities/regions/counties in Ontario.