Drop-in statistics and statistical software help are available during our open hours. We provide support for SPSS, Stata, SAS, and R.
Librarians and data experts at the ADC are available to researchers and students for consultation. Get expert help on finding datasets, accessing confidential Statistics Canada data, interpreting statistical methods and procedures, creating graphs and maps, or managing your research data. Email us for an appointment.
Get started with data by reading one of our research guides.
Key sources of data
Data from the nation's statistical agency—the starting point for any statistical research on Canada. Access Census and other survey data. Alternatively, access StatCan data through CANSIM @ CHASS, for easier bulk-download.
Contains over 5,300 datasets for the social sciences, with more than 17,900 additional dataset descriptions available for searching. Access opinion polls, public StatCan data and raw StatCan data released through the Data Liberation Initiative (otherwise unavailable on the StatCan site). Alternatively, browse the <odesi> database with Nesstar.
One of the world's largest archives of social science data, ICPSR includes social surveys, polls, longitudinal data files, and more, from countries around the world.
A registry of research data repositories. Use this to search for over 2,000 research data repositories, which store primary research data deposited by researchers and research groups across all disciplines.
The University of Windsor's institutional data repository. Search for primary research data created by Windsor researchers.
- Business and Financial Data
- Canadian Census Data
- Computer Science Data
- Data on Developing Countries
- Education Statistics and Data
- Environmental Engineering, Pollution and Climate Data
- Geospatial Services and Guides
- Health Statistics and Data
- Human Kinetics and Sport
- Microdata for Analysis
- Political Science Data
- Psychology Data
- Qualitative Research and Data
- Social Work Statistics
- Windsor and Area Statistics
- Women's Studies Statistics and Data
- Course Guide: 85-222, Treatment of Experimental Data
- Course Guide: 01-209 Ethics in the Profession
- Course Guide: 78-632, Quantitative Studies